|The finished camera.|
|With lens cap removed|
|Close up of rail repair. I used a piece of oak floor to replace the chewed up part.|
|The T nut before it is set in the old tripod hole.|
|I created a new film guide replacing one that was lost. Also a stack of fresh cut glass plates.|
Making a Full Plate Film HolderI made one plate holder to try out. I built it by sandwiching layers of Masonite and 1/8th inch Luan. I also used the fabric part of Velcro to act as a light trap and help support the dark slide.
|The plate holder with a piece of glass in it.|
|The plate holder with out the plate. Note two small tabs that hold the plate in the frame. You can also see the fabric side of Velcro that I added as an extra light trap.|
|Plate holder with dark slide|
Cutting GlassI set up a small glass cutting area. It was easier than I thought and I didn't cut myself or break any plates. After I cut the glass to 61/2 X 81/2 inches I used a diamond sharpening stone to smooth the edges. It worked great. Now my glass plates have safe smooth edges and are ready for cleaning and sensitizing with silver.
|Glass cutting tool.|
|Grinding the edge of the plate with a diamond stone to make a smooth edge|
|Some plexiglass plates that I coated with oil based pyoiurathane. I thought I would try these plastic plates first so I could get a handle on the coating process and see what kind of exposures I can expect.|