Thursday, August 27, 2020

Tides of Time

The postcard for this exhibition.
I was invited to participate in the Artist Residence program at the Gowanus Dredgers Boathouse (August 2019). The Dredgers are an organization that advocates for public water access to the Gowanus canal. It so happens that my residence was planned for August 2019 the anniversary of the Battle of Long Island. This year the Dredgers have planned a couple of events that commemorate the battle. I invited my longtime friend Gerald Wagoner to participate with me. He created site-specific poems that both speak to the evolving nature of the canal environment and its history.
I created a group of four new large paintings. These painting incorporate my recurring themes of nature, warfare, process, and time. See the following posts for more info about each painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment